Wakes, funerals for two police officers killed by train are set for this week
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
The wakes and funerals for two Chicago police officers who were killed by a train Monday night as they searched for a man with a gun on the South Side are set to take place over three days, beginning Thursday.
The wake for Officer Conrad Gary will take place from 3 to 9 p.m. Thursday at the Blake-Lamb Funeral Home, 4727 W. 103rd S.t, Oak Lawn, according to Chicago Police Chaplain Fr. Dan Brandt.
The funeral for Gary will take place 9:30 a.m. Friday at the St. Rita of Cascia Shrine Chapel, adjacent to St. Rita High School, 7740 S. Western Ave.
The wake for Officer Eduardo Marmolejo will take place from 3 to 9 p.m Friday, also at the Blake-Lamb Funeral Home.
Marmolejo’s funeral will take place 11 a.m. Saturday, also at St. Rita of Cascia Shrine Chapel.
- Man charged with firing gun on tracks where two CPD officers were killed
- Shocking train tragedy highlights the dangers police officers face
- 2 Chicago cops killed by train while chasing gunman, police say
- Rail agencies: We were never asked to halt, slow trains prior to deadly incident
- Death of officers who were family men leaves city heartbroken