The Chicago Transit Authority will provide extra service this weekend for Cubs games, the Bears game and United Center events.
On Saturday and Sunday for the Chicago Cubs NLCS games, the CTA Red Line will operate more frequently leading up to the first pitch at 7:08 p.m. for both games, according to a statement from the CTA. The No. 80 Irving Park and No. 152 Addison buses will also run more frequently and Yellow Line trains will run from Howard to Skokie until midnight.
The Chicago Bears game will begin at noon against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday. The CTA will run the No. 128 Soldier Field Express between Union Station, Ogilvie and Soldier Field, according to the transit agency. There will be additional No. 146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express service two hours before the game begins and will continue for one hour after the game.
For basketball games, hockey games and concerts at the United Center, the CTA will run additional No. 19 United Center Express bus service an hour before the event and an hour after it ends. The No. 50 Damen bus service is another option for customers, the CTA said.
Upcoming events at the United Center include:
- Chicago Bulls vs. Cleveland Cavaliers at 7:00 p.m. on Friday;
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Nashville Predators at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday;
- Sia concert at 7 p.m. on Sunday;
- Chicago Bulls vs. Charlotte Hornets at 7 p.m. on Monday; and
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Philadelphia Flyers at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday.