Police have issued an alert after multiple ATMs were stolen from West Side businesses over the past two months.
Five commercial burglaries have been reported in which multiple suspects have forcibly entered a business through the front door and removed an ATM, according to Chicago Police. In two instances, they also pulled the electric meter from the rear of the store to disable surveillance and alarm systems.
The burglaries occurred:
- In the 5900 block of West Division at 5:06 a.m. April 1;
- In the 5900 block of West North between 1 and 9 a.m. May 6;
- In the 3700 block of West Division at 3:07 a.m. May 27;
- In the 3100 block of North Central between 3 and 5 a.m. May 30;
- In the 5400 block of West Division at 6 a.m. June 1.
Video footage of one of the break-ins shows two men about 40 years old with a third person driving a gray or silver minivan, police said.
Anyone with information about the burglaries is asked to contact Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.