Man charged with stabbing 17-year-old in South Loop

SHARE Man charged with stabbing 17-year-old in South Loop
cervantes_chris.jpg

Chris Cervantes | Chicago Police

A man charged with stabbing a 17-year-old boy over the weekend in the South Loop was ordered held without bond Monday.

Chris Cervantes, 19, faces one count of attempted first-degree murder, according to Chicago Police.

Cervantes and the 17-year-old got into an argument in the 800 block of South Wabash about 6 p.m. Saturday, police said. Cervantes pulled out a “cutting instrument” and stabbed the 17-year-old in the neck.

The teen was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in serious-to-critical condition, police said.

Cervantes, of the 6200 block of South Tripp, ran away after the attack but was later taken to into custody. He was ordered held without bond Monday and is next scheduled to appear in court March 21.

The Latest
“We’re doing everything we can to get as many pools across the city open,” said Daphne Johnson, the Park District’s chief program officer.
With the Supreme Court’s decision in the case of Dobbs v Jackson Women’s Health Organization, Roe v. Wade has been overturned.
Within an hour of the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, Gov. J.B. Pritzker said that he wants to expand the availability of health care professionals to handle an increase in women coming to Illinois to seek abortions and to boost funding for abortion providers.
Bote was expected to return from the 60-day IL earlier this month but was pulled from his rehab assignment with what the team described as bouts of dizziness.
The Supreme Court’s ruling overturns Roe v. Wade, early voting begins, and two vice presidents visit Illinois.