Police are warning businesses about a series of burglaries that occurred this month on the Northwest Side.
In each break-in, someone entered a business by smashing front windows or prying front doors open, according to a business alert from Chicago Police. In at least one instance, the suspect gained access through the roof.
The burglaries occurred:
- In the 5300 block of North Milawaukee at 4:15 p.m. March 14;
- In the 5500 block of North Milwaukee between 11 p.m. March 17 and 6 a.m. March 18;
- In the 4000 block of North Milwaukee between 10:30 p.m. March 17 and 6:30 a.m. March 18;
- In the 5300 block of North Milwaukee at 3:44 a.m. March 18; and
- In the 5500 block of West Devon at 5:05 a.m. March 24.
The suspect in the Milwaukee break-ins is described as a black male wearing dark clothing, a hoodie under a jacket, a knit cap and gym shoes, police said.
Anyone with information should call Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.