Welcome to our morning article rounding up crime (and more) happenings from around the Chicago overnight.
- A man and woman were found shot to death early Monday in the Logan Square neighborhood.
- About 7:20 p.m. Sunday, a 23-year-old man was shot while sitting in a vehicle in the Southwest Side Marquette Park neighborhood.
- About 5 p.m. Sunday, an unidentified male was shot to death in Gary, Indiana.
- About the same time, a Robbins man was killed when a Metra train struck his vehicle in south suburban Blue Island.
- Just before 3 p.m. Sunday, a man was shot and seriously wounded while walking in the East Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side.
- About 12:30 p.m. Sunday, four people were seriously injured in a crash on Lake Shore Drive in the Gold Coast neighborhood.
Chicago residents can vote early at any site in the city regardless of their address, through March 18.
The longtime former secretary of state called Pete DiCianni’s conduct “inappropriate and divisive,” as seen in an encounter with protesters of police violence.
Kenwood Academy often makes house calls to verify students’ residency — a practice some parents call invasive
Kenwood officials defended the steps they take to ensure students enrolling in the highly sought after school actually live in its attendance boundaries — especially in the wake of residency violations that left several members of the school’s basketball team ineligible to play.
Montgomery digs in against doubters who say he’s not a shortstop.