Welcome to our morning article rounding up crime (and more) happenings from around the Chicago area overnight.
- Fourteen people were wounded in shootings Wednesday across the Chicago.
- That includes five people wounded in a shooting about 9:45 p.m. Wednesday in the West Side Homan Square neighborhood.
- About two-and-a-half hours earlier in the same neighborhood, a 17-year-old boy was shot.
- Also Wednesday evening, a 62-year-old woman was shot in the West Woodlawn neighborhood on the South Side.
- About 5:45 p.m. Wednesday, heavy winds caused the roof of a 90-unit Bronzeville neighborhood apartment building to collapse, leaving about 200 residents displaced from their homes.
- About 15 minutes earlier, a man was lying in his bed in West Town whena bullet flew through his wall and struck him in the thigh.
ALSO CHECK OUT:Alleged Facebook use sends hate crime defendant back tojail
‘Downstate farmer’ plows through the field — Darren Bailey handily wins six-candidate GOP governor’s race
With 96% of precincts counted statewide, Bailey had 57.4% of the vote compared to 15.7% for downstate venture capitalist Jesse Sullivan and 15% for third-place candidate Aurora Mayor Richard Irvin.
Earlier in the evening, Davis in a statement conceded to Miller, with a nod to her biggest backer. “I’d like to congratulate Congresswoman Miller and President Trump on their victory tonight,” Davis said in a statement. “This was a hard-fought campaign, and I wish her the best.”
Cueto allowed three runs in six innings.
A jubilant crowd greeted Ramirez, 39, chanting her name as she entered her election party Tuesday. Supporters had created a salsa song they blasted outside a polling place Tuesday: “Delia, she’s ready,” goes the song, “ready to interrupt the corruption.”