Chicago man sentenced to 28 years for using young girls to produce child porn

SHARE Chicago man sentenced to 28 years for using young girls to produce child porn
gavel3_e1537376471422.jpg

Sun-Times file photo

A Chicago man was sentenced Monday to 28 years in federal prison for producing child pornography with two underage girls he met through online chat applications.

Christopher M. Hall, 44, pleaded guilty earlier this year to single counts of inducement and enticement of a minor for the production of child pornography and knowingly transporting child pornography, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Illinois.

Hall arranged three sexual encounters with the girls, one of whom was 12 years old when she met him online, prosecutors said. He groomed the young girl by sending her sexually explicit messages that included child pornography. In addition, Hall directed both girls to write “Owned by CH” on their bodies and told them to photograph the inscription and send him the image.

Hall posted sexually explicit photos of the girls in Craigslist advertisements that were used to set up the encounters, prosecutors said. Hall then told the girls to have sex with him and several other men who responded to the ads. During the encounters, which took place in Aurora and Gary, Indiana, Hall took photos and videos.

When one of the girls was reported missing from her Michigan home, police found she had been emailing with Hall. During a search of his home, officers found a cache of child pornography, which included more than 7,000 images and videos of minors. Authorities identified dozens of the children, some of whom were less than 12 years old when the images were created.

Nearly 30 of the victims gave statements before the sentencing detailing the harm caused by the exploitation of their images by Hall and other individuals, prosecutors said.

The Latest
The city was under a severe thunderstorm watch, and a tornado warning was issued late Sunday and into early Monday. But that’s not the last of the bad weather — another round storms is expected Monday evening.
The quarterly report does not include the name of the former deputy mayor. But Elena Gottreich identified herself as the accused and denied ever drinking on the job, calling the allegations “ridiculous and absurd.”
The WNBA trade deadline is Aug. 20, five days after the Sky return to play following the Olympic break.
Raid Ghanimah is accused of covering his name and star number on his uniform during a march last year. At the time, he was on a leave of absence from the police department, and he’s seeking full disability payments for an unrelated injury, records show.
All these shocked reactions and pleas for unity ring so hollow after Donald Trump was nearly killed, a Lake View reader writes. Plus, more on Republicans, the convention and guns.