Police are advising the public to be aware of their surroundings after several strong-arm robberies were recently reported in Bucktown, Wicker Park and Goose Island on the North Side.
In each case, one or two men would approach someone and take their phone, Chicago police said in a community alert. In one instance, they tried taking someone’s purse.
The men would then drive off in a silver/gray vehicle with the Georgia license plate CJW3995, police said.
The robberies happened in May and June.
- About 11:18 p.m. May 21 in the 1700 block of West North Avenue;
- About 1:15 p.m. May 25 in the 1600 block of West North Avenue;
- About 10:52 a.m. June 9 in the 1400 block of North Paulina Street;
- About 11:28 a.m. June 9 in the 1100 block of West Chicago Avenue; and
- About 10:40 a.m. June 9 in the 1700 block of West North Avenue.
One suspect is described as being 18 to 30 years old, 5-foot-6 to 5-foot 11 and 150 to 220 pounds, police said. The other is described as being 20 to 25 years old, 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8 and 220 to 270 pounds.
Anyone with information about these robberies is asked to call Area North detectives at 312-744-8263.