Police are warning residents on the North Side after a series of catalytic converter thefts was reported over the last week in Ravenswood and Edgewater.
In each case, someone cut and removed a catalytic converter from underneath a vehicle, Chicago police said in a community alert.
The thefts happened:
- Between 4 p.m. July 12 and 1:45 p.m. July 13 in the 1600 block of West Carmen Avenue
- Between 6:30 p.m. July 12 and 11 a.m. July 13 in the 1400 block of West Hollywood Avenue
- At 10:30 a.m. July 13 in the 4800 block of North Ashland Avenue
- Between 4:45 p.m. July 12 and 2 p.m. July 13 in the 5000 block of North Paulina Street
- Between 2 p.m. July 15 and 8 a.m. July 16 in the 1600 block of West Olive Avenue
- Between 9:30 a.m. July 15 and 9:30 a.m. July 16 in the 5600 block of North Hermitage Avenue
- Between 7 p.m. July 11 and 10:30 a.m. July 17 in the 1400 block of West Catalpa Avenue
A description of any suspects was not immediately available.
Anyone with information is asked to call Area North detectives at 312-744-8263.