Police are warning Woodlawn residents after a string of vehicle thefts was reported in September.
In each case, people returned to their parked vehicles to find them damaged and with property stolen, Chicago police said in an alert.
The thefts happened:
• Between 11:40 p.m. and 6:30 a.m. between Sept. 2 to 3 in the 6500 block of South Minerva Avenue
• Between 9 a.m. and 5:20 a.m. between Sept. 4 to 5 in the 6500 block of South Greenwood Avenue
• About 7 p.m. Sept. 8 in the6300 block of South Greenwood Avenue
• About 9:30 p.m. Sept. 15 in the 6300 block of South Ingleside Avenue
• Between 2 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Sept. 16 in the 6600 block of South Greenwood Avenue
• About 4:50 a.m. Sept. 20 in the 6500 block of South Greenwood Avenue
• Between 11:45 p.m. and 1:05 a.m. between Sept. 20 to 21 in the 6500 block of S. Minerva Avenue
A description of any suspects wasn’t available.
Anyone with information of the thefts is asked to contact Area Central detectives at 312-747-8380.