11 people sickened by carbon monoxide on Near West Side
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Eleven people were hospitalized Monday morning after being sickened by carbon monoxide at a Near West Side food business.
A HazMat response was called about 11 a.m. to 1115 W. Fulton Market, according to Fire Media spokesman Will Knight. Aspen Foods Inc., a food distribution company, is listed at that address.
Eleven people exposed to carbon monoxide were taken to hospitals, with 10 of them in good-to-fair condition and one in fair-to-serious condition, Knight said.
The cause of the heightened carbon monoxide levels wasn’t immediately known.