The final report on Cory Monteith’s death July 13 in a Vancouver hotel room, was released by the British Columbia Coroner Tuesday.
In the report, coroner Claire Thompson concluded that the “Glee’ star, 31, died of a mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol. The actor’s death was ruled accidental.
When Monteith’s body was discovered, investigators at the scene found drug paraphanalia, including a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle, along with two empty champagne bottles and glasses.
The actor had a long battle with addiction and had recently been released from rehab, prior to his trip to Vancouver, where he tragically relapsed, leading to his death.