Welcome to our morning article #afterdark, a roundup of crime (and more) happenings from around Chicago overnight.
- A 14-year-old boy shot another teen during a robbery Monday night before shooting himself in the leg in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood.
- A man was shot in the foot Tuesday morning in the Chatham neighborhood on the South Side.
- A man with stab wounds was found by police officers Tuesday morning in the Forest Glen neighborhood on the South Side.
- A man was robbed and shot in the hand early Tuesday in the Back of the Yards neighborhood on the South Side.
- AChicago Policesergeantwastreated for smoke inhalation and one personwasin serious condition after an apartment fire Monday night in the Lake View neighborhood on the North Side.
- A fire broke out Monday night at the Hebrew Ysralite Cultural Center in the Grand Crossing neighborhood on the South Side.
ALSO CHECK OUT:
Some history to buffalo in Wolf Lake combined with some family history in today’s column; plus notes on a lakefront sturgeon, Chicago’s white squirrels and the lack of non-lead (steel) shot for dove hunting, and the Stray Cast.
The top two senior offensive lineman in the state are Notre Dame-bound Charles Jagusah of Rock Island Alleman and Alabama recruit Miles McVay of East St. Louis. But it’s a position group that’s loaded with Chicago-area talent as well.
The car was later found in the West Woodlawn neighborhood about 11 miles away and it was not known if the carjacker was hit, according to Chicago police.
The man, 43, was with a group of people near the 2600 block of North Cannon Drive when he slipped and fell into the water early Wednesday.
She-Hulk’s look adds to the campy fun of this borderline silly but always entertaining chapter in the never-ending Marvel saga.