Welcome to our morning article After Dark, a roundup of crime (and more) happenings from around Chicago overnight.
- A man was shot in the back while taking out his trash early Tuesday in the Northwest Side Logan Square neighborhood.
- A 70-year-old man was assaulted and robbed while waiting for a CTA Blue line train early Tuesday in The Loop.
- Also early Tuesday, a Chicago Police officer was dragged behind a vehicle after pulling someone over in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
- On Monday night, a delivery driver was struck in the head by a hammer by a female during a robbery in the Northwest Side Albany Park neighborhood.
- Earlier Monday night, a man was shot while cutting hair at an apartment in the South Side Woodlawn neighborhood.
- A person of interest was being questioned by authorities Monday evening in connection with a shooting at a South Loop parking garage.
ALSO CHECK OUT:
One source familiar with the situation said it’s very early in the process and the club is still actively looking for interested investors. The biggest change since October is Whisler’s willingness to sell.
President Biden hosts his first state dinner on Thursday, for President Emmanuel Macron and his wife, Brigitte. Gov. J.B. Pritzker will be attending. The Sun-Times has the delicious details.