Welcome to our morning article rounding up crime (and more) happenings from around Chicago overnight.
- Just after midnight Thursday, an 18-year-old man was shot and seriously wounded while driving in the Budlong Woods neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
- Early Thursday, two robbers threatened a man with pepper spray in his hotel room near the Magnificent Mile.
- Early Thursday morning, a 59-year-old man shot himself in the hand in the Calumet Heights neighborhood on the Far South Side.
- A 23-year-old man was shot in the face Wednesday night in the South Side Avalon Park neighborhood.
- Earlier Wednesday evening, two men were shot and wounded, one critically, in south suburban Robbins.
Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes was shocked for two reasons when the Bears traded up to draft quarterback Mitch Trubisky second overall in 2017.
Gnarled together in the Big Ten standings with Illinois and four other 7-5 squads are the Wildcats, who go for league road win No. 5 at Ohio State on Thursday.
Nick Parlingayan, 22, was riding his bike under a viaduct in Irving Park last year when he was struck by a car. The suit alleges construction work created a hazard for cyclists.