Welcome to our morning article rounding up crime (and more) happenings from around the Chicago area overnight.
- Early Wednesday, a man crashed his vehicle into a police car that had its lights and sirens activated in River North.
- Just before midnight Tuesday, a man was shot in the abdomen in the Arcadia Terrace neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
- A few minutes earlier, a 30-year-old man was wounded in a drive-by shooting about 11:45 p.m. in the North Side Rogers Park neighborhood.
- About 9:05 p.m., another man was shot in the abdomen in the Southwest Side Galewood neighborhood.
- About 7:45 p.m., a man was shot in both legs in the South Side Grand Crossing neighborhood.
- About 5:40 p.m. Tuesday, a 19-year-old man was shot and seriously wounded while sitting in a vehicle in the South Chicago neighborhood.
- Also Tuesday night, an apartment complex was struck by lightning in north suburban Waukegan. No injuries were reported.
Grandparent is holding back emotions out of fear of never seeing the boys again.
The man, 32, was leaving his car in the 1300 block of West Roosevelt Road about 4:30 a.m. when he was shot twice in the chest.
The fire began in the basement of a house in the 4000 block of West Potomac Avenue about 12:20 a.m., officials said.