No serious injuries in Evanston house fire
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
No serious injuries were reported in an attic fire at a north suburban home Friday afternoon in Evanston.
Crews responded to the fire at a one-and-a-half story single-family home in the 2300 block of Grant Street about 2:20 p.m., according to a statement from the Evanston Fire Department.
Smoke was coming from the home’s eaves, and the alarm was upgraded. Firefighters from five nearby communities responded to the blaze.
The fire, which had started in the home’s attic, was extinguished about ten minutes later, according to the statement.
The residents were not home, but a contractor doing some electrical work suffered minor burns to a hand, according to the statement. He was evaluated at the scene, and no other injuries were reported.
The residents were displaced by the blaze, according to the statement. The Evanston Fire Prevention Bureau is investigating.