Rahm hits Washington for POLITICO event, making his rounds
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
WASHINGTON–Mayor Rahm Emanuel heads here to appear at a POLITICO Magazine “What Works” summit — fodder for his re-election campaign — and will be bringing with him Brenna Berman, the city of Chicago’s chief information officer. The POLITICO event is sponsored by JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its chairman Jamie Dimon — who is part of the POLITICO program- and Emanuel have a long relationship. Last December, Dimon’s Chase gave Chicago a $15 million grant for “skills gap” training.
Emanuel, who will be here through Thursday — when, by coincidence Gov.-elect Bruce Rauner willl also be in town — will also make some visits to cabinet secretaries. Emanuel, President Barack Obama’s former chief of staff, usually also stops by the White House when he swings through.
My column on Emanuel and Dimon in Washington last December is HERE.
Below, all the speakers, per POLITICO release…
POLITICO Magazine ‘What Works’ Summit
Presented by JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Join POLITICO Magazine on Wed. Dec. 3 for a half-day series of conversations on the future of cities in culmination of its yearlong reporting project, “What Works”. Speakers include:
- Mayor Ralph Becker, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Mayor Andy Berke, Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Brenna Berman, Commissioner & CIO, City of Chicago
- Mayor-elect Muriel Bowser, Washington, D.C.
- Mayor Mick Cornett, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Shaun Donovan, Director of the Office of Management and Budget
- Secretary Arne Duncan, U.S. Department of Education
- Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Chicago, ILL.
- Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson, Gary, Indiana
- Brian Gallagher, President and CEO, United Way Worldwide
- Michele Jolin, Managing Partner, Results for America
- Bruce Katz, Vice President, Metropolitan Studies, Brookings Institution
- Joel Kotkin, Fellow, Chapman University
- Carol R. Naughton, SVP, Purpose Built Communities
- Jacques Panis, President, Shinola
- Mayor William Peduto, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Mayor Kasim Reed, Atlanta, Ga.
- Mayor Helene Schneider, Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Mayor Paul Soglin, Madison, Wis.
- Mayor Greg Stanton, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Mayor Alex Torpey, South Orange, N.J.
- Mayor A C Wharton, Memphis, Tenn.
- Shalini Vajjhala, CEO, re:focus partners
- Cliff Winston, Searle Freedom Trust Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
The summit will conclude in a conversation with Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase and Co., the presenting partner of What Works, and Jim VandeHei, CEO, POLITICO.
When: Wednesday, December 3; 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET
Where: Longview Gallery, 1234 9th Street, NW, Washington, DC