No charges against student after Facebook post called threat

SHARE No charges against student after Facebook post called threat

(LINCOLNSHIRE) Officials have learned the identity of a north suburban student who wrote a social media post that may have been construed as a threat to Stevenson High School.

The post was made anonymously to a Facebook page on Sunday and, upon learning of the post, school officials at the Lincolnshire school notified Lincolnshire police, according to a statement on the school’s website.

The “lengthy” post, which concerned the behavior and conduct of Stevenson students, was taken down shortly after police were notified, according to police and school officials. The Facebook page was not affiliated with the school.

Police said Tuesday the student, a male juvenile, has been identified, and after speaking with him, officials determined there was “never any intent to harm or threaten any person or cause damage to school.”

The matter is being handled through the school and the boy’s parents, police said.

The Latest
Prosecutors sought at least 25 years in prison for R. Kelly, who was convicted of sex trafficking last year in New York.
Crime Gun Connect will compile data about weapons from departments across the state.
The Sky went 11-2 in June propelling them to second in league standings, a game behind the Las Vegas Aces.
Except, it isn’t a movie. It’s all from actual testimony in the Jan. 6 hearing this week from former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson. And it hasn’t ended.