Police are warning Northwest Side residents of a string of thefts in Avondale and Irving Park in which parked and locked vehicles were stolen from residential streets.
The thefts happened:
- between 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. April 24 in the 3300 block of North Ridgeway Avenue.
- about 7:05 a.m. April 25 in the 3600 block of West Roscoe Street.
- between 2:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. April 25 in the 3800 block of North Pulaski Road.
- about 7:30 p.m. April 25 in the 3800 block of North St. Louis Avenue.
- about 7:10 a.m. April 27 in the 4000 block of West Warwick Avenue.
- about 8 p.m. on Saturday in the 3300 block of North Ridgeway.
It seemed to dawn on Reichel on Thursday that the Hawks need him to take charge of their offense, provided he doesn’t do so in a reckless way. He powered their best performance in a while, even in a 5-3 defeat.
A grand jury in New York votes to charge the ex-president in a case involving payments made in the 2016 presidential campaign to silence claims he had sex with a porn star. ‘He did not commit any crime,’ a Trump lawyer said.
Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi, D-Ill., sitting on millions of dollars of campaign cash, used Trump’s indictment to raise more money for his already abundant congressional campaign fund.
Bernie Sanders leads thousands at UIC get-out-the-vote rally for Brandon Johnson: ‘We have the people’
The Vermont senator aimed to energize Johnson’s progressive base and lift turnout among younger voters, who failed to turn up for the first round of balloting.
Johnson, Vallas weigh in on Trump, Arwady — and WBEZ weighs rivals’ facts on more familiar debate topics
The candidates exchanged barbs in the hour-long debate held by WBEZ’s Reset. There was little new in their remarks, except for their reaction to former President Donald Trump’s indictment and a question about Chicago’s Public Health Director, Dr. Allison Arwady.