Political daybook in Illinois and Chicago on Nov. 3
Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
The Nov. 6 midterm election is 3 days away, but Chicago’s already got its focus on the race for mayor. We’re keeping track of it midterm elections with the Sun-Times voting guide, and the growing list of mayoral candidates here.
Here are the political events scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 3 in Chicago and across Illinois.
- 11 a.m. – March for Our Lives Chicago and students from the Chicago area organize a “March to the Midterms” rally and march to motivate people to vote in the upcoming midterm elections. Federal Plaza, 219 S. Dearborn St.
- 9:30 a.m. — Juliana Stratton and Kwame Raoul to greet early voters. Zion City Hall, 2828 Sheridan Road in Zion.
- 10:15 a.m. — JB Pritzker, Juliana Stratton, and Kwame Raoul to kick off a Lake County Democratic Women GOTV canvass. John Idelburg Campaign Office at 2711 Sheridan Road, Suite 204 in Zion.
- 3:45 p.m. — JB Pritzker, Juliana Stratton, and Kwame Raoul to speak at an Illinois Democratic Women of Will County GOTV meet and greet. At Carpenters Local 174, 1407 Essington Road in Joliet.
- 5 p.m. – A “Get Out the Vote” rally is held with JB Pritzker, Rep. Bill Foster, State Treasurer Michael Frerichs, State Sen. Linda Holmes, State Rep. Linda Chapa LaVia and State Rep. Stephanie Kifowit. Painters Hall, 1905 Sequoia Drive.
Political junkies and reporters might watch this conversation between veteran Sun-Times political reporters Lynn Sweet and Mark Brown about how getting information on the whereabouts of the candidates and what they are doing has changed (not for the better).
Would you like to get our daily rundown of Illinois political events by email? Sign up for the daybook by filling out this short form.