Welcome to our morning article rounding up crime (and more) happenings from around the Chicago area overnight.
- Nineteen people were shot — one fatally — across Chicago over the weekend.
- A female was fatally struck by a vehicle just before 5 a.m. Monday in the Northwest Side Hermosa neighborhood.
- Earlier Monday, a man suffered a graze wound in a shooting in the Logan Square neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
- About two hours earlier, a 17-year-old boy was shot a few miles away, also in the Logan Square neighborhood.
- An off-duty Chicago Police officer accidentally discharged his weapon and shot himself in the leg late Sunday in the North Side Budlong Woods neighborhood.
- Just before 6 p.m. Sunday, a 46-year-old woman was shot in the West Garfield Park neighborhood.
- Less than an hour earlier, a 16-year-old boy was shot in the same neighborhood.
ALSO CHECK OUT: Boy and girl killed in Gary fire
The two were arguing around 8 p.m. in the 8200 block of South Kedzie Avenue when the woman, who was a concealed carry license holder, drew a weapon, according to Chicago police.
Employer unsettled by the candidates using their phones during the conversation.
Olivia Colman stars as the lonely staffer with mental health issues in disappointing effort from the talented Sam Mendes.
The Padres are adding the All-Star slugger to an already deep lineup.