Welcome to our morning article rounding up crime (and more) happenings from around the Chicago area overnight.
- Nineteen people were shot — one fatally — across Chicago over the weekend.
- A female was fatally struck by a vehicle just before 5 a.m. Monday in the Northwest Side Hermosa neighborhood.
- Earlier Monday, a man suffered a graze wound in a shooting in the Logan Square neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
- About two hours earlier, a 17-year-old boy was shot a few miles away, also in the Logan Square neighborhood.
- An off-duty Chicago Police officer accidentally discharged his weapon and shot himself in the leg late Sunday in the North Side Budlong Woods neighborhood.
- Just before 6 p.m. Sunday, a 46-year-old woman was shot in the West Garfield Park neighborhood.
- Less than an hour earlier, a 16-year-old boy was shot in the same neighborhood.
ALSO CHECK OUT: Boy and girl killed in Gary fire
The friendlies are part of the team’s preparation for Copa América.
The Federal Trade Commission was joined in the suit by the attorneys general of eight states, including Illinois, and the District of Columbia.
Learning English through Dungeons and Dragons: How students role play slaying beasts to master a new language
University of Chicago professor Shane Dunkle and his English-learning board game group have found success in helping students acquire more casual English skills.
Las acciones de Marlene Hopkins y el ex funcionario, Jorge Herrera, “constituyeron una mala administración pública”, según reporte.
Los funcionarios ambientales de Illinois reforzarán su supervisión de los contaminadores que estén estableciendo operaciones o expandiéndose.