The big question: Who will be Matt Eberflus’ offensive coordinator?
With Justin Fields entering his second season, there’s no more important question for new Bears coach Matt Eberflus than deciding who will be calling plays on offense.
With Justin Fields entering his second season, there’s no more important question for new Bears head coach Matt Eberflus than deciding who will be his offensive coordinator.
Just ask former Bears players. On Twitter, former cornerback Jerry Azumah wrote: “Please please please for the love of sweet baby football Jesus bring in the right offensive coordinator for the Beloved!” Former cornerback Charles Tillman typed his own prayer for one.
Here’s are potential candidates to watch:
- Eagles passing game coordinator Kevin Patullo —Patullo worked alongside Eberflus for three years before following another Nick Sirianni to the Eagles last year. He was the Colts’ pass-game specialist in 2020.
- Chiefs passing game coordinator/quarterbacks coach Mike Kafka — The St. Rita and Northwestern alum is ready to be a play-caller. He knows new GM Ryan Poles from Kansas City. His offense might be too similar to Matt Nagy’s.
- Texans passing game coordinator/quarterbacks coach “Pep” Hamilton — The well-respected and well-traveled Hamilton — he was the Bears’ quarterbacks coach from 2007-09 — served as Andrew Luck’s coordinator in college and the NFL. The last two years, he’s been the quarterbacks coach for the Chargers’ Justin Herbert and the Texans’ Davis Mills.
- Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell and 49ers offensive coordinator Mike McDaniel — Neither calls plays. But because they wouldn’t be leaving for a promotion, they’d need their current team’s approval under NFL rules. That could be a stretch.
- Jim Caldwell — The Bears liked the former Colts and Lions head coach enough to make him one of three coaching finalists. Would they entrust him with Fields?
- Joe Brady — In under two years, he went from mentoring Joe Burrow to a LSU title to being fired by the Panthers. He shares agent Trace Armstrong with Eberflus and Poles.
- Bears offensive coordinator Bill Lazor and quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo — The Bears are unlikely to stick with the status quo.
In This Stream
John Hughes went five innings and Jaden Fauske pitched the final two as the Roadrunners beat Sycamore 3-0 at Duly Health and Care Field in Joliet.
Festivals, performances and other events will be held in neighborhoods across the city on Juneteenth and weekend leading up to Monday, June 19.
Pride Month is well underway, with events nearly every day happening around the city. Take a look.
Dr. Confino helped thousands conceive, including Sen. Tammy Duckworth.
The Walk of Fame said Shakur was selected to receive a star in 2013, but the organization waited for his family and estate to select a date. Shakur was given the 2,758th star on the Walk of Fame. His birthday is June 16.