Chicago cop charged with murder in fatal shooting of unarmed man
Lowell Houser, 57, was charged with one count of first-degree murder, Cook County court records show.By Sam Charles
More Top Stories
IPRA accused of leaking document in Glenn Evans case
The explosive information about the much-maligned agency is contained in Inspector General Joe Ferguson’s quarterly report.
Senate budget’s ‘work in progress’ includes filling $4.3B hole
Called a “work in progress” and “under construction,” a Senate “grand bargain” budget package has a $4.3 billion hole.
Mayor defends CPS furloughs as CTU joins school-cuts protests
CTU officials and members plan to stage walk-ins at schools across the city.
Steinberg: Wayne County is glad it voted 84 percent for Trump
Though Donald Trump will be sworn in Friday as the 45th president with historically low popularity ratings, you wouldn’t know it in Wayne County.
- THE WATCHDOGS: Sex predators living in public housing despite ban
- WATCHDOGS: Zion's nuclear fallout; still reeling from '98 closing
- WATCHDOGS: Crooked pol's pension take was $2M; now widow collects
- THE WATCHDOGS: Arrests down 28 percent in Chicago this year
- Drug busts 'in, around' parking lot on city land by United Center