Obama celebrates world-champ Cubs at White House
President Barack Obama sped up the timetable for the visit so he could salute the champs from his adopted hometown.By Lynn Sweet and Gordon Wittenmyer
More Top Stories
Trump taps Steve Harvey to bring change to Chicago, other cities
President-elect Donald Trump reached out for help battling the problems facing Chicago and other inner cities — enlisting comedian Steve Harvey.
Victims of police misconduct skeptical of Justice report’s impact
“The only thing I can say to that report is that it only confirms . . . that Chicago police have been outrageous,” torture victim Darrell Cannon says.
Rauner signs school, day care lead-testing law
Illinois elementary schools and day cares will have to test drinking water sources for lead under legislation signed Monday byGov. Bruce Rauner.
Police: 9 killed, 27 wounded in MLK Day weekend shootings
Thirty-two people have been shot across the city over the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday weekend, leaving eight dead, according to Chicago Police.
- THE WATCHDOGS: Sex predators living in public housing despite ban
- WATCHDOGS: Zion's nuclear fallout; still reeling from '98 closing
- WATCHDOGS: Crooked pol's pension take was $2M; now widow collects
- THE WATCHDOGS: Arrests down 28 percent in Chicago this year
- Drug busts 'in, around' parking lot on city land by United Center
- Ontiveros: Small town folks not only ones nostalgic for lost past
- Editorial: Before leaving, Mr. President, give Ibrahim a break
- Editorial: Rauner challenges for CSU go beyond hiring Vallas
- Letters: A lesson in listening to those with whom we disagree
- Andy Shaw: Again and again, public officials resist ethics rules