In forest preserves, chicken, goat heads could be signs of ritual
Residents think it might be the work of practitioners of Santeria, in which animals are sacrificed to honor and seek help from ancestral spirits.By Stefano Esposito
More Top Stories
Emerson, Lake and Palmer founder Greg Lake dies at 69
Lake founded King Crimson with guitarist Robert Fripp in the late 1960s.
Brown: Parents say CPS pits special ed students’ needs vs. others
Nearly 600 local school council members signed a petition sent to Emanuel, asking him to rethink CPS’ approach to budgeting for special ed students.
Steinberg: Pearl Harbor memory lingers, an echo of love and loss
For the families of those affected, the attack on Pearl Harbor 75 years ago resonates still, a lingering echo of love and loss.
Alderman fails to put the brakes on honorary street designations
Ald. Anthony Beale (9th), chairman of the City Council’s Transportation Committee, said honorary street designations are “out of control.”
- Inspector general blasts CPS for impeding investigation
- WATCHDOGS: Chicago’s deadliest neighborhoods get greenest cops
- THE WATCHDOGS: Taxpayers paying for UNO schools — again
- WATCHDOGS: Political insiders cashed in on failed O’Hare project
- Ex-Outlaws biker boss speaks out, sees trouble with Hells Angels
- Emerson, Lake and Palmer founder Greg Lake dies at 69
- An Elf, Beasts, among 50 top-selling books Dec. 1-8, 2016
- 'Miss Sloane': For a big juicy treat, let's all go the lobbyist
- Riot Fest's Sean McKeough befriended bands he admired as a boy
- Sir the Baptist, Saint Motel set to perform at Chi-Town Rising