Mastermind of massive CPS kickback scheme gets 7 years in prison
Educational consultant Gary Solomon schemed with then-CPS CEO Barbara Byrd-Bennett to steer contracts to his business, but the feds snared them both.By Lauren FitzPatrick and Jon Seidel
More Top Stories
Half of Illinois voters still support Obamacare: Simon poll
Just over one-third of those asked supported repeal, half were in favor of retaining the current ACA and 15 percent had no opinion.
2 Chicago aldermen tangle over street fight
Ald. Anthony Beale is blocking Ald. Jason Ervin (28th) from ramming 18 honorary sign names through before new restrictions start.
Police investigate social media photo of toddler holding handgun
Police are investigating a photo that was posted on social media showing a child holding a handgun.
- Vote still on, but Trump lacks numbers to repeal Obamacare
- On the West Side, maps show heroin ODs, shootings go hand in hand
- Chicago’s gun offender registry ‘glitch’ kept hundreds of names off
- After Chance encounter, Rauner pushing CPS funding alternative
- Half of Illinois voters still support Obamacare: Simon poll
- THE WATCHDOGS: Chicagoans take triple hit on old Wrigley factory
- WATCHDOGS: More fed gun cases, but Chicago trails other cities
- Melrose Park mayor OK with deputy police chief's moonlighting
- Cubs title a big factor in record $194M police and fire OT bill
- Another top Forrest Claypool aide is out over CPS’ residency rule
- At nearly 110, Carol Stream woman is working on a book — her 12th
- 'Power Rangers' reboot aims for young end of the superhero space
- 'Dig Two Graves' offers fine acting, big thrills on a low budget
- Chicago's Shea Coulee finally gets her chance to 'Race'
- Top actors play Austin bores in Malick's 'Song to Song'