2 slain in Woodlawn as Chicago surpasses 100 homicides this year
Two men were shot to death early Saturday in the Woodlawn neighborhood, bringing the number of homicides in Chicago this year over 100.By Mitchell Armentrout
More Top Stories
Brown: They just want to go to the bathroom
If everyone could just see them as the people they are instead of the threats they fear them to be, we could get this bathroom business behind us.
Rauner backs water testing near quarries used as cheap dump sites
Gov. Rauner has stepped into a fight over dumping construction debris close to drinking-water supplies, an issue that’s pitted Chicago vs. SW suburbs.
THE WATCHDOGS: Senator’s law firm cashes in on state deals
State Sen. Don Harmon is a partner in a Chicago law firm that’s made millions from legal work for state agencies, pension funds and local governments.
- THE WATCHDOGS: Senator’s law firm cashes in on state deals
- THE WATCHDOGS: Chicago cops playing catch-up on gunfire sensors
- WATCHDOGS: 71 percent of Chicago cops' street stops are of blacks
- In Immigration Court, few criminals, far more minor offenders
- THE WATCHDOGS: How much do minorities get from film tax credits?
- Editorial: Billionaire pols could use a little farm team training
- Editorial: Plan for higher speed limit begs for a speed bump
- Editorial: Rid cop contracts of loopholes that protect misdeeds
- Silencing the Guns: Focus tight on those driving the violence
- Phil Kadner: County says it has a real plan to help south suburbs