On first day, Trump signs health care executive order
The order notes that Trump intends to seek the “prompt repeal” of the law.By KEN THOMAS and JOSH BOAK | AP
More Top Stories
Mattie Smith Colin, Defender reporter on Emmett Till, dead at 98
Mattie Smith Colin, who as a Chicago Defender reporter waited with Mamie Till Mobley for the train carrying home the body of Emmett Till, has died.
Taxpayers to pay $4 million to settle police torture claim
Chicago taxpayers will spend $4 million to compensate a man who claims he was tortured into confessing to the murder of a cabdriver.
Mitchell: ‘Hidden Figures’ pave way for next generation
Abbott Labs exec Corlis Murray didn’t have to see ‘Hidden Figures to appreciate the challenges the African-American women the movie portrayed faced.
Kingpin ‘El Chapo’ faces US authority; it faces securing him
A hush descended over a Brooklyn courtroom moments before a dazed-looking Joaquin Guzman entered Friday, a day after his extradition from Mexico.
- Scott Darling, Marian Hossa lead Blackhawks to 1-0 victory
- Chris Bosh is the latest rumor that the Bulls have to deal with
- Packers list three receivers as questionable for Sunday
- Steelers know the key to rattling Tom Brady is to pressure him
- Jimmy Butler and the dying embers of long-term hope for the Bulls
- THE WATCHDOGS: Ex-county housing chairman cashing in
- Noble disciplined 7 staffers for postcards, then gave one a raise
- THE WATCHDOGS: Sex predators living in public housing despite ban
- WATCHDOGS: Zion's nuclear fallout; still reeling from '98 closing
- WATCHDOGS: Crooked pol's pension take was $2M; now widow collects